1.19.2010

NO Reservations about Turkish Cuisine

 My alarm went off and I stumbled blearily into the living room. It was 10 pm and I had just taken a less than adequate 3hr nap, my first real sleep in 2 days. Under normal circumstances I would have stayed in bed and not risen till dawn. However, tonight there was a program airing on the Travel Channel I just couldn't miss...


Travel writer, chef, and exotic gourmet Anthony Bourdain, host of "No Reservations" Recently traveled to Istanbul on a food tour. And as I watched every culinary adventure from kahvalti (breakfast, or "before coffee") to güllaç (dessert with pomegranate seeds traditionally served during Ramadan)






I could feel my glands salivating and my stomach expanding as I imagined the grainy pilafs and savory kababs I would soon be tasting as I explore the cuisine of my strange new land.










14 days and counting. yummm.

No comments:

Post a Comment