5.26.2010

My Country 'Tis of Thee

So....I was SUPPOSED to be starting a new job next week....but I  renegotiated some terms with my current family and will be staying with them for the summer. I am very happy as I am very attached--especially to the older girl.

I have become surprisingly homesick for Americana. Barbeques and Country Music. Baseball and TV that is entirely in English....American men. Memorial Day came and went as little more then a blurp on my homesick radar. I fear that July 4th will be a surprisingly difficult day for me.










I have been a bit lax with my blog and I apologize. I have been fortunate enough to connect with other nannies--several of which were right here inside my complex the whole time! I am planning a trip to Croatia and Montenegro next with with one of the girls...so hopefully I will have an adventure to share with you all sometime late next week.


These are some images of places I pass often on my days in "Europe"...

The Ortakoy Mosque. Beautiful quaint but active area of the city.

And the walk between Ortakoy and Besiktas where one passes Galata Sarayi Univeristy, Yildiz Park, and Dolmabache Palace...

3 comments:

  1. Wait, moving over to my side of Istanbul or moving to the part of Europe where they have good coffee and pork?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, your side of Istanbul, near Istinye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Technically my side but still the other side of the world with traffic. :) It's a beautiful area though!

    ReplyDelete